- 4 packages of cooked kidney beans, chickpeas and/or other beans
- plenty of breadcrumbs
- corn starch
- olive / sesame / colza oil to fry in
- salt, pepper
- your favourite spices (cumin works well)
- Rinse the beans in water, but save some of the liquid from the package
- Mix the liquid with corn starch and bread crumbs until you have a paste
- Run the beans, paste, salt, pepper and spices in a food processor
- Make steaks about the size of a croquette. Not too big.
- Heat up a pan with oil. Fry each steak a minute or two on each side,
then turn down to medium heat and leave them for about 8 minutes.
- Baked potatoes with vinegar-dressed salad, cucumber and grilled zucchini.